Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tell me More. Please...

By Maysaloon

Please, tell me more about your "Resistance" project, and how you are fighting the good fight against imperialism and occupation and cultural hegemony. About how you think the necktie is a remnant of the uniform worn by the old Knights Templar (it's not but I like to see you keep bringing that up). Tell me more about how the freedom of the individual, this so-called negative and positive freedom you keep liking to invoke, is so, so, very important to the historic struggles of the brown man as he shakes off the yoke of his oppressor. Tell me about your amazing plan to liberate Jerusalem, for the dignity of all Palestinians, Arabs, and Muslims (no dignity to any of them until then, of course). Tell me about your glorious leaders and martyrs, about "keeping your word" with a brutal dictator who has butchered the Syrian people just so that he can be a president like his Daddy.

You'll only be happy to, I am sure. But right now there is something you're not telling me. Right now the so-called "Zionist Enemy" has, through their courts and laws, imprisoned a former president on charges of rape, and that there is a former prime minister who will now serve six years in prison on charges of bribery. Maybe they're not as good at picking their leaders as you are. And you definitely don't want to tell me about how your torture chambers make anything the villainous "Empire" can think of, including Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib - yes, especially them - look like Disney land in comparison. You don't want to tell me that your pet dictator and the militias you send to support him have killed more Syrians than everybody killed by US drone strikes since 2001. That they have displaced in three years more Syrians than the "Zionist enemy" ever did when it took part of Palestine in 1948, and then the rest of it in 1967. I guess these are things you don't want to tell me about...

No comments: